View Single Post
Old 07-06-2014, 08:52 AM   #14
husker boxster

Got the fitment where I like it now. Pics below. The tiny red circles show where I've done my "adjusting".

The new baffle basically seals up the sides to prevent oil from excaping the central area where the orig had some openings in the back and didn't go all the way to the back of the engine. This would be where the slopping would occur - out the front and back openings.

So this will solve the sloshing issue, BUT there aren't many openings to the two side areas. It doesn't appear to this virgin engine builder that much oil would get into those area. It looks like the return oil is dumped into the center section. If it fills up faster than it can seep into the outsides, what happens? Or if the seal is so good, can you run out of oil in the center section if you're driving in a straigtht line (so the side flaps don't open)? Sorry for being so anal, but this is a big deal with major ramifications, not some air filter swap. Obviously must work because we have live testimonials, just wondering how it works.

This pic shows the passenger side clearance issue that had to be corrected.

Here is the driver's side. Originally the baffle was stopped by the bolt head.

This pic shows the baffle level with the engine block.

This pic shows the baffle and all the areas I adjusted. I did it in 3 different steps but I probably ended up taking off the 3/16 that was stopping me before. I didn't do any grinding on the top of the wings, just removed the rubber seal. I may take the bottom rubbers off the wings before I do my final assembly.
2008 Boxster S Limited Edition #005
2008 Cayman S Sport - Signal Green
1989 928 S4 5 spd - black
1987 928 S4 - Granite Green Metallic (Felsengrun)
husker boxster is offline   Reply With Quote