View Single Post
Old 07-03-2014, 06:41 AM   #3
Perfectlap

Most people fall into two categories: they're getting older and are tired of rowing gears.
Or they enjoy an automatic Porsche as well, particularly in sport mode, but after a few months they're bored. This also applies to many people who go from Boxster to an AWD 911.

So in other words, every guy in the room loves it at first. No one's going to tell you anything you're not going to like hearing about PDK.
Kind of like dating a Brazilian bikini model that turns out to be missing a few qualities you've really come to depend on and she's not really interested in changing.

p.s.
I hope most of the people ordering new 981 Cayman/Boxsters are not lured into PDK because of these neat tricks like perfect up and down change (it's an automatic that's what it's supposed to do). I'm not one to tell anyone what to buy but those of us who avoid buying new cars at all costs are not touching out-of-warranty automatic Porsche transmissions with a 10 foot pole. Are there any indy's who know how to work on PDK or all they all just stockpiling them from the wreckers? In addition to not taking a bath on depreciation, I like to own my cars longer than 4 years. It's a win win with a manual.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 07-03-2014 at 06:53 AM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote