View Single Post
Old 07-03-2014, 05:39 AM   #15
ChrisZang

Quote:
Originally Posted by recycledsixtie View Post
Well thanks for being my Porsche shrink 9eight6! Looking back over the past 7 years I have had the Box for 3 and prior to that a 99 Miata for 4 years. I have driven them year round in the ice and snow. Mind you being retired I can pick the days I drive.

My next car will likely be a small suv like a RAV4 that can handle the winter well and is reliable. Sorry OP for hijacking the thread but I completely understand where you are coming from. The inconvenience of not driving the car for the past month has forced me to do more yard chores such as staining the deck. Playing golf gets put on the backburner!

The mail man knows me well for being the guy that has his nose pressed against the window waiting for Porsche parts! Fortunately I have a very patient wife and is used to my eclectic taste in cars. My daughter says that I won't be happy with a RAV4. I really don't want to spring for the big $$$$ for a BMW suv. The guys on Pelican Parts forum tell me that a BMW can be just as much trouble as a Porsche. I might take over somebody's lease which has about a year to go and that way I would have a choice of returning it or buying the car.Thanks for listening to me.
Happy motoring.Cheers, Guy.
My other car is a 2006 BMW X3. I bought it like 5 years ago with 30k miles and I am now pushing 100k miles. Only big repair (other than the normal wear & tear items) were new front shocks at 50k miles.
Fun car to drive and certainly more fun than a RAV4
2015 FIAT 500e "Nikki" my commuter car
ChrisZang is offline   Reply With Quote