View Single Post
Old 07-02-2014, 10:08 AM   #15
Flavor 987S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffinhunter View Post
1) Have not been pulled over, much less received a citation in over 5 years.
2) When he pulled me over, I rolled down the windows and placed both hands on my steering wheel. I work in law enforcement and am nothing if not polite to police.
3) Yes was wearing seat belt
4) No front plate issued, much less required in Florida.

I was on my way home from work at 8:40 PM
He pulled me over, and the first words out of his mouth were:
"license and registration".
I said yes sir. As I looked through my glove box he said his second sentence:
"Is there a reason you were doing 60 in a 50 zone?"
I replied that I did not realize that I was (honestly didn't)He said nothing, went to his car. Came back and said I had three options. a) Pay the ticket b) go to school c) Fight it in court. He then handed me my paperwork and left.

I think this was a case of a state trooper in a bad mood. I have driven the same route for 7 years. I know the roads, and follow the speed limit because there are two areas that are total speed traps.

Cost of admission, I understand, but 10 miles an hour over is crap.
Hunter, thanks for your response. I'd say you did everything right.

Just one thought, cops HATE this response. It shows your were not aware of your surroundings and control of your car. Not a deal breaker, but just a tip. Sounds like he was going to give you a ticket either way.

But everything you did is an EXCELLENT way to start getting OUT of a ticket at the side of the road. Maybe the only other thing to do is ask for permission to reach for your glove box. They hate any movements in the cabin in the dark.

Again, sorry.