View Single Post
Old 06-27-2014, 06:08 PM   #13
Crono0001

I want to chime in on this thread. I can give you an in-depth review on both the lights and Jeff.

Let's start with the lights.
When brand new, I believe these lights are the prettiest ones we can get for our cars. The projector itself might not be as nice as madmod's, but how the LED turn signals fade is probably one of the coolest things. I also have the 997 TURBO LED turn signals integrated into my front bumper, so the quad LED lines are very attractive to me.

However, in terms of quality, it leaves A LOT to be desired for. I'm going on my THIRD set right now (at least, I would be if they had them in stock. More on that later).
My first pair had lens cracking. This may be attributed to me living in Arizona where temperatures are in excess of 110F, but they shouldn't crack regardless. My second pair (which are now in the capable hands of Particlewave) had LEDs burn out. My third pair, which doesn't yet exist, will hopefully reach me sometime this lifetime.
The lights look great, but you can tell they're somewhat cheap. They feel slightly fragile, and if you really look closely, you can see the build quality is just not that great. I've even heard of some people's melting when running fogs for too long. I've never had any fitment issues, but then again, I've yet to have a pair work 100% for a whole year.

As to Jeff.
I've purchased the majority of my parts from Jeff. The front bumper, turbo lights, and headlights are all from xtrememotorcars (Jeff's shop). He is a really nice guy, really personable, and really reasonable. I will continue to do business with him as my car progresses.

However, there is one faff that I've yet to forgive him for. And that is the warranty-service of these specific headlights. The first pair failed after 8 months. He said that if I were to warranty a set, I'd have to pay for shipping. No big deal, I gave him the necessary funds to ship the lights. They didn't arrive for THREE MONTHS. The second set failed after 10 months. He said, once again, that I would have to pay for shipping. Again, no big deal. I gave him the money in DECEMBER 2013. I have STILL YET to receive the lights. I recently called him and berated him for it, and he refunded my money.

He claims the problem is with the manufacturer/supplier. He told me that for the first few months, they've been doing R&D to try and make the headlights better, and haven't sent him a single one. It costs them a lot of money for each set that has been warrantied, and I know for a fact I'm not the only one giving him trouble. He and the manufacturer are actually losing a lot of money for these headlight units. However, I recently learned that he has received new headlights in stock, sent to him by the manufacturer. But instead of honoring our warranty claim, he is going to go ahead and sell them to new customers, claiming that he "purchased these headlights" in order to sell them, and that my warrantied pair were still being processed. Keep in mind, it's JULY 2014 now.

I understand that it is out of his control, and that it is up to the manufacturer to ship him my refunded headlights. But as a customer, I shouldn't be the one suffering for this fckup. As the middle man who sells these lights, I believe it is his responsibility to shoulder the burden, instead of just shrugging and saying there's nothing he can do, while he profits on the purchase that I made. Keep in mind, both pairs of lights failed within under a year, and I paid for the shipping of the warrantied pair. If I was an a-hole, I would just say I wanted a full refund and ship him the lights back. What irks me most is that he has headlights in stock, but will not warranty them to me because he is leaving it up to the manufacturer.

I cut our conversation short because it wasn't going anywhere. As I said, he's a nice guy and I'm going to continue to do business with him. He can get really nice parts for cheap. But in regards to his dealing with this situation, I am not happy at all.

When all is said and done, Jeff is still a good guy. And the lights are beautiful when they work.
16 Mercedes C450 AMG
22 Tesla Model X Plaid
Crono0001 is offline   Reply With Quote