View Single Post
Old 06-25-2014, 01:18 PM   #10
Ashmyster79

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Ashmyster79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heiko View Post
Undo the two horizontal pipe mounts that go towards the front of the car... if you undo the two inner bolts the lower part of the bracket slides out of the upper part and the two pipes come loose. This allows you to flex the water hoses a little further at the back to get the mount out. Don't be afraid to bend those big rubber hoses a bit at the back - they wont break! Lowering the engine helps but be careful because the exhaust tips will contact the rear skirt and pry upwards if you lower it too much.
If you jack your car up from the rear only the engine will want to come forward slightly once you undo the mount in the front... its easier to do when the car is level... just sayin'
H
Yeah I see the big pipes. I up clipped them and tried to bend them out the way but clearly didn't want to do more damage so chickened out a bit if I am honest. And you are correct the car was jacked at the rear so car was not level. I will make sure it is next time. It might give me a better angle all round. 101projects says its a simple job I guess it is if you have the correct access and tools. I will get it done.

Cheers guys
Ashmyster79 is offline   Reply With Quote