View Single Post
Old 06-21-2014, 07:46 PM   #2
mmurphy

Found my car!

Located a 2002 Boxster in a nearby community, found it on Craig's List. You may still be able to see listing here:

2002 Porsche Boxster Convertible

Seller was asking $11K. I took it on Thursday to a nearby Porsche mechanic (Eagle Racing) for a PPI. Took two hours but was well worth it. Took the printout to the owner and told him that car needed roughly $2K of work. (Exhaust manifold gasket, another exhaust leak near R rear; oil drips near both cam covers, front engine mount, 2 engine codes showing, and mis-matched tires. Alignment, too.)

Offered $8500 cash.

Owner called back two hours later and said okay, so I collected it on Friday. Drove it straight to State Farm office, got the insurance, then to the nearby tax office to transfer title. Next to nearby Discount Tire to replace the mis-matched rear tires, got two Michelin AS3s, $150 each plus balance, etc.

Just ordered front engine mount ($160), new remote & key ($200), and 4 new center caps for wheels ($220.)

Cost so far: $8500, plus $560 TTL, $430 tires, and $580 for parts. Up to $10,070; will likely drop another $1K at mechanic's shop next week.

I've put 150 miles on it already, and absolutely love it! Much cheaper than paying a professional for therapy!

As always, YMMV!
mmurphy is offline   Reply With Quote