View Single Post
Old 06-21-2014, 05:07 AM   #1
HamB3

Garage
Fire in the Boxster!

Hi,
I am brand new to this forum and to Porsche in general. I have restored many cars over the years but this is my first experience with Porsche.
A '97 Boxster with less than 50k miles became available recently that was too good a deal to turn down. The car was well maintained, but when the storage garage went to charge the battery, a fire started it looks like in Relay Panel #1. Fortunately it was put out before too much damage was done, but all of the plastic components in the area were melted.
Now I am hopeful that I can diagnose and repair all of the electrical components that were damaged and the obvious plastic components like the cowl and battery cover etc. However, after many searches on line for photos of that area without the plastic grills in place I don't believe they exist. It looks to me that everything directly above the relay panel is gone. I have found photos of the main components like the windshield washer and wiper arms, but there seems to be nothing else in the form of a panel or cover above the relay panel, separating the drivers footwell from the front trunk.
Could someone direct me to a photo or diagram that may be helpful to me?
I have included a photo showing the damage, but it is not too clear.

I would appreciate any direction someone can give.

Thank you,
HamB3
HamB3 is offline   Reply With Quote