View Single Post
Old 06-20-2014, 02:17 PM   #18
BYprodriver

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGJake111 View Post
Say is the car front mid or normal front engine. Is the engine behind the front axle like in the s2k
The answer is "D" all of the above. It is a straight 6, another reason I have never craved A BMW although I have allways rated handling as highly as power. The BMW straight 6 is so smooth & linear with it's power delivery it reminds me of my mom's sewing machine. Next of course is the interior. I test drove 2 Z3s & a Z4 before buying my Box. Every BMW 3+ years old I drove had delaminating vinyl surfaces & the tiny control buttons remind me of small plane interiors. Also drove a 99 M3 conv which was nice but I had driven many Boxsters at that point so it was not a contender. Oh, when the 1st drifting competition in the USA came to CA in 2003 I rented a 2003 330I conv for the competition. Like most BMW's it seemed to have the ultimate combination of comfortable ride & great handling suspension. I had a blast drifting it, but had to withdraw from the last round when I saw cords showing on the inside edge of the RR tire. Since that time I have driven several BMWs, mostly 5 or 7 series, & the newer the BMW the greater the loss of feel to the driver. Mostly throttle, steering, & transmission response time.