View Single Post
Old 06-20-2014, 02:48 AM   #11
Frodo

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnersfan10 View Post
Ok, I don't think it's the water pump then because there isn't any noise from it and I drove it in heavy traffic in Chicago yesterday with no problems at all, no leaking and it never gets above the middle level in the temp gauge. I'm starting to think it's the tank or a faulty hose. it's just hard to tell i can never get it to leak when I want it to.
From what you say about the location of the leak, it doesn't sound like water pump. That said, as was mentioned earlier, you are probably getting very close to due for replacing yours. When mine went I heard nothing until it got wobbly enough that the fins of the impeller blades started to make contact with the block---it's better NOT to let it go that far.

At a minimum, check the floor of the garage each time you back out, looking for any drippings from the area of the WP. These days I keep a big piece of cardboard under the car where I park, beginning after I replaced my WP. Fortunately (knock on wood) so far I've not seen a drop of anything on it With mine, shortly before it got totally wobbly on me I could also smell hot coolant.
Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote