View Single Post
Old 06-19-2014, 07:32 AM   #22
Perfectlap

I ignore all texts and phone calls while I am driving. People who know me call twice to let me know if something is important. If I don't pick up they know it's either because I'm busy with work or driving/biking.

MOST annoying is when people will text me knowing full well that I am driving at that time with questions like "are you on the way?". "where are you?" "how much longer". These people are terrible drivers usually.

on a side note, texting is really not a communication tool for friends and family. People are allowing low tech methods to interfere with interpersonal connections. MAKE the time to speak with people that matter no matter how trivial the discussion.
Also, these days people have 'friends' that they've not had an actual conversation with in over a year, yet they continue to text and Facebook stalk each other. These are not really friends....

p.s.
As a daily cyclist, I want to murder people who text and drive. As well as people who drive right past stop signs, over cross walks and only bother to stop to see if its safe for them to merge.
I especially dislike drivers who talk on the phone while blowing past the stop sign and cross walk. This was rampant on my last visit to Orlando.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 06-19-2014 at 07:49 AM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote