View Single Post
Old 06-18-2014, 06:54 PM   #17
Qmulus
inveniam viam aut faciam

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimblemotorsports View Post
I'm also doing an EV conversion on a 97 Boxster. Curious what you paid for the car?
I have a 9 inch DC motor. You shouldn't need to get the porsche 6 speed,
I learned from this forum that an Audi A4 and Passat transmission also fits, which is what I have..generally don't need anything but reverse and 4th gear.
I'd also say if limited to 1000amps, the 9in motor is plenty and lot less weight.

I'm putting in a large supercapacitor bank, how about 950hp ?
I could use the 11 inch with this!
I think I know what he paid for it. I was serious about getting it myself, but made the decision to buy it a day too late. I was going to do an engine swap of a different type. It went cheap, but it has been sitting around quite a while and needs love. I does have Litronics and some other nice options. It was used one year in the One Lap of America and has Brock Yates' signature on the airbag on the right side of the dash. So, it was rode hard in its day. The sad thing is that the car originally had the rare factory option limited slip diff along with traction control. I knew of it while it was a driving car. The transmission sold cheap and the buyer didn't even know it had the limited slip diff.