View Single Post
Old 06-16-2014, 12:31 PM   #1
BIGJake111

Garage
Need opinions on a summer project.

I have a crazy idea, I am curious what others think about it. While i have the money for new boxster and will be buying one, I kind of want a beater to drive to school to better protect the Porsche. Here is where things get interesting, I was looking through a few used lots last weekend when i came across an 86 volvo 740 ( Cars for Sale: 1986 Volvo 740 GLE in Greenville, SC 29607: Sedan Details - 372058203 - AutoTrader.com )

See I think I may be what is known as a hipster, I would enjoy this car almost as much as i do the Porsche, because of the irony of it and such. However, to make it a bit more interesting and a bit more of an experiment, I am thinking about crowd funding this endeavor. There is a site called indiegogo where you can make campaigns with a goal, if the funds reach the goal they are sent, if not than no ones money goes through. The theory is that if 10k people see the add, and a third of them donate a dollar, that is all it takes, you have alot of people donate just a small amount to make something big happen. You also place incentives and my incentive would be that if you pledge a certain amount, you get your name on the dash of the Volvo. I am not asking anyone here to pledge. I have yet to make the campaign and am rather asking what people about this, positive and negative responses welcome.

http://www.gofundme.com/help-me-own-a-beater finished project!

Last edited by BIGJake111; 06-16-2014 at 06:40 PM.
BIGJake111 is offline   Reply With Quote