View Single Post
Old 06-14-2014, 06:33 PM   #16
RedTele58

It's interesting that both uncommon color cars have the same uncommon interior package. I wonder if maybe our cars were dealer demo cars to show off some options. Since these are before the "S" package cars were available, I'm guessing they were top of the line cars for their model year.

I've only seen this color two other times, both on an early 996. One was several years ago on one of the on-line cars for sale web sites, the other is sitting wrecked in the salvage lot at Oklahoma Foreign, a Porsche salvage yard in Oklahoma City. Interestingly enough, both cars had the Nephrite Green interior (which I, for one, really like) like is on the Arctic Silver Boxster in the For Sale listings.

I like one-off color combo's - they make our cars more interesting. I have a line on an '03S Boxster, Arctic Silver, that was special ordered with a Lipstick Red interior (lipstick red was predominately a '80s - early '90s 911 and 928 interior color - very bright red) and is hard-loaded w/ the Sport Touring and the Sport Design package among other options. It only has 26K miles and is flawless. The owner knows to call me first when he puts it up for sale.

I saw an early Boxster on eBay a few weeks ago that was a dark blue with the Boxster Red interior. I saw that same exterior/interior combo on a 356 awhile back- beautiful!

I think the 986 cars that were sold in the Europe market had a lot more "unique" color options.