View Single Post
Old 06-13-2014, 09:22 AM   #1
ByteSaidFred

Looking for a Boxster, what to buy with my budget?

Hi guys, new poster here. I'm a bit early for my mid-life crisis (late 30s), but anyways I seem to have the Porsche bug. I think I got it from my neighbor and his '84 911 Targa.

I've been envious of Boxster drivers for years. I probably can budget $24K-$33K on a Boxster. The upper part of that range is if I sell my current DD (A3 2.0T 6M) , while the lower part of that range I could still use the A3 as my DD. I actually really like my A3, so not selling it is a plus.

I know I definitely want a manual (6 speed preferred). I prefer the 987 body style, especially 987.2. I'm not a drag racer, but I do want to keep up with my neighbor and also don't want to be merged in front of by V6 Accords on greens.

My current thinking is:
05-06 S (20k-30k miles) for mid 20s (keep the A3?)
07-08 S (20k-30k miles) for low 30s (sell the A3)
09 base for low 30s (sell the A3)
09 S with high mileage for ??? (sell the A3)

I'm in a financial position where I can afford proper maintenance for anything other than an engine replacement. I do want to consider maintenance as part of the purchasing decision.

I've never considered salvage title cars before, but I'm wondering if this is also an option with a proper PPI with laser alignment. I've seen some really low prices for beautiful salvage cars that have claims of low-speed impacts repaired with OEM parts.

Thanks! I'd love some good advice from your collective wisdom
ByteSaidFred is offline   Reply With Quote