Thread: Base vs S
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2014, 03:55 PM   #8
psquared39

Sorry to hear you are uncomfortable in your G. We're on our fourth Infiniti, 04 35 x, 09 G35 X S, 2011 G 37 X and just got a 14 Q50 X S. I have to say my wife and I both love the sport seats in the S models. Have driven all of them on long trips and thought they were fine travel cars. Anywhoo.... We took our 2002 Base from Indy to Charleston last year, had a blast. Driving a P car on the interstate can be too much fun if you know what I mean, they're nimble, quick, and obviously like to go FAST! We're both 48, 5'10 175 and 5'6 120 so we fit in the P car very well. I dont think you're going to find a comfort difference between an S and Base. Saying that... 18" wheels will have lower profile tires, which are less forgiving than 17's. Since our trip I have installed the M030 suspension on my 02 base, which is considerably stiffer than sock when we took the trip. Its a daily driver for me, short stint to work, I do about 7-8k a year. It will be 5 years in August I've had this 02, and I'm still so excited to drive it EVERY time I get in it!!! If we lived close I'd let you drive mine for and hour so you would know, not sure what to tell you, to each his own...
psquared39 is offline   Reply With Quote