View Single Post
Old 06-10-2014, 11:02 AM   #31
Brad Roberts

Quote:
I have seen Boxster race cars with portions of the front of the wheel liner cut out (with wire mesh installed to block debris) to allow additional air flow to the brakes to improve cooling. I believe that these were custom fab'd.
I'm willing to bet (over a few beers) that the **sell** is "brake ducts" to improve cooling (because brake ducting is *open* in the class) This is nothing more than helping to remove LIFT at the nose Why would I add 200deg. hot air to the brakes?

For the GT3 radiator to vent properly up and out of the top of the bumper, a stove pipe has to be built behind it. ALL air to radiators has to be sealed to the front bumper. Air will take the path of least resistance (go around the radiators if the guides are not in place and sealed to the front bumper.
We have worked with amateur and professional drivers for over 26 years. In house machinist, In house fabrication. Our cars, our parts, our engines, our transmission's run nationwide at events every weekend. We work side by side with industry names developing parts.
Brad Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote