View Single Post
Old 06-09-2014, 06:22 AM   #19
crod

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebell914 View Post
Hendrick Porsche here in Charlotte is good in my experience. They will spend time with you and get it right....even after I snuffed at 7 or 8 Boxsters I looked at there and eventually bought from a private seller- they still treated me really well when I went in for service.
That is my experience with the dealer here in Ottawa as well. Got new cars from them in the past but since I started doing my 'no-new-car-ever' policy I go there to get parts every once in a while and to bring my little one to see the new Porsches. Also to chat with the sales guy I know that is a great person in general.

To be fair with the dealers we need to remember they employ way more people than our indies, have way nicer facilities and so on. There is a cost to that. The dealer here for example has a beautiful waiting area, fancy espresso machines all over, really pretty receptionists and so on. My indy, a great guy by the way, has NONE of these. These do not come for free. That is why my Indy charges $85 an hour versus more than $110 at the dealer. No comparison between his monthly running costs and the dealer. Not even close.

If all you care is a deal, always go to an Indy. If you like the whole 'experience', browsing the Porsche merchandise, having an espresso, etc while you wait, and maybe even having a Cayenne as a loaner (like always happened with me when my cars were being serviced) well find a good dealer and stick to it.

That said, your car should have been well serviced and treated, no matter it is an older 986. A Porsche is a Porsche. That is at least the mentality the dealer over here has. Keep that in mind. Not all dealers are the same.

CR
crod is offline   Reply With Quote