View Single Post
Old 06-09-2014, 06:09 AM   #18
Timco
I am my own mechanic....

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreseller View Post
Not quite following you on the bleeding thing. A Motive Power bleeder will run $52.40 on Amazon and after the car is up and wheels removed you are looking at a 15 minute job to flush / fill with new fluid. I used one on my Boxster S a couple of times without using a Durametric, maybe I missed something but all seemed fine and to work well after my flushes.

On your experience at the dealership, make sure they know and the problem will likely be addressed with the specific tech. I'd be surprised if they didn't do something to try to keep you happy enough to keep coming to them, if not they would be severely lacking in customer handling skills which does occasionally happen.
On the bleeding, I was told repeatedly on here to get the motive power bleeder. My local auto shops didn't have that on the shelf so I bought a vac type that sucks uses the compressor. I thought I was watching the res very close but obviously got air in there since the pedal went soft then I only got the rears back after re-bleed. Figured it was time to have it done once right, now I own the motive bleeder. Great tool. Totally my inability to wait for the right tool I was advised to get.
Timco is offline   Reply With Quote