View Single Post
Old 06-09-2014, 05:22 AM   #17
coreseller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timco View Post
It's really not that kind of issue. They were sloppy, but I certainly don't mean to drag their name through the mud over it. The service manager or rep was a great guy. I got free shuttle to & from my shop in a Cayenne hybrid, great vehicle. Treated great.

The thing is, I had just washed it. I had just bled it, left zero residue. I got a quote of $200 to flush & bleed. why shop that? Seemed very reasonable to know dealership was doing this and since it's Porsche, no worries..... it won't be scratched or guessed on. It will be treated like a luxury car and respected. Then they just charged $139. Even better!

My comment tomorrow will be that I really need to apply for a job there, because I can make whoever did the work on my car look really bad based on how I work on my cars. It was totally lazy and disrespectful. No one will convince me a newer 911 or Panamera would come out of the service bay with brake fluid all over the barrels.

I totally agree, there's way more reasonable pricing out there, and obviously better service to be had, but I do most of my own work anyway. I just don't have a durametric or a PC to run it on at the moment.

Not painting with a broad brush at all....I took it to Strong Porsche and asked to have the brakes flushed & bled. That was my experience.

Not quite following you on the bleeding thing. A Motive Power bleeder will run $52.40 on Amazon and after the car is up and wheels removed you are looking at a 15 minute job to flush / fill with new fluid. I used one on my Boxster S a couple of times without using a Durametric, maybe I missed something but all seemed fine and to work well after my flushes.

On your experience at the dealership, make sure they know and the problem will likely be addressed with the specific tech. I'd be surprised if they didn't do something to try to keep you happy enough to keep coming to them, if not they would be severely lacking in customer handling skills which does occasionally happen.
coreseller is offline   Reply With Quote