View Single Post
Old 06-08-2014, 06:40 PM   #16
Timco
I am my own mechanic....

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreseller View Post
Good Luck on securing any favorable rates / repairs from those guys, I'd be in a hurry to move you on your way also.

Timco,

Each dealership is different and I would imagine they are as good or as bad as the Service Rep or whoever you are personally dealing with, to paint with such a broad brush is pretty unfair.

Luckily I have only had to visit the dealership once and it was to obtain a 4 digit security code to program an additional remote fob, I was not purchasing anything and the Service Manager was more than happy to help. As a result I'd gladly utilize them if needed in the future.

Are you going to pay more at the dealership than an Indy? Heck Yeah!! Look around at their over head, they are there to make a profit (albeit a likely a higher margin than an Indy) and there isn't anything wrong with that. If their general business model includes unfair / inflated billing or shoddy workmanship word will spread and the market will eventually dictate their demise or force them to change their ways.

In the meantime, if your complaint is legitimate and able to be supported / documented call the BBB , PCNA and your state AG and file a complaint, a resolution would likely be accelerated by these actions.
It's really not that kind of issue. They were sloppy, but I certainly don't mean to drag their name through the mud over it. The service manager or rep was a great guy. I got free shuttle to & from my shop in a Cayenne hybrid, great vehicle. Treated great.

The thing is, I had just washed it. I had just bled it, left zero residue. I got a quote of $200 to flush & bleed. why shop that? Seemed very reasonable to know dealership was doing this and since it's Porsche, no worries..... it won't be scratched or guessed on. It will be treated like a luxury car and respected. Then they just charged $139. Even better!

My comment tomorrow will be that I really need to apply for a job there, because I can make whoever did the work on my car look really bad based on how I work on my cars. It was totally lazy and disrespectful. No one will convince me a newer 911 or Panamera would come out of the service bay with brake fluid all over the barrels.

I totally agree, there's way more reasonable pricing out there, and obviously better service to be had, but I do most of my own work anyway. I just don't have a durametric or a PC to run it on at the moment.

Not painting with a broad brush at all....I took it to Strong Porsche and asked to have the brakes flushed & bled. That was my experience.
Timco is offline   Reply With Quote