Thread: Why 2 Speedos?
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2014, 06:33 AM   #10
Ian c

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenLinkage View Post
JoeB
I respectfully disagree. Once you know where the numbers are on the analog dial, you don't have to actually read them to know your approx speed, you just have to use your peripheral vision or a very quick glance to appreciate the position of the pointer needle.
On the digital speedo, the only landmark that I can appreciate without taking my eyes off the road is when it transitions to 3 digits.
Unfortunately , the cops around here don't look for your approximate speed .
The digital is far easier to read than the analog .
In my 964 I have no idea what speed in doing between about 70 and 130 without moving my hand off the wheel and my whole body !!
If you can't take your eyes off the road long enough to glance at the digital , you can't be using your mirrors and side windows very often .....
Your speed and surroundings are all part if driving safely . If you don't have time to do that you're probobly going too fast for your abilities .
I'll be honest my speedo is way down the list whilst freeway driving around SoCal , as what is going on around me is much more important .
That was once explained to a cop , and I got off the speeding ticket .
It didn't work with highway patrol though although he did mark my speed down so I could simply do driving school

Last edited by Ian c; 06-08-2014 at 06:38 AM.
Ian c is offline   Reply With Quote