View Single Post
Old 06-07-2014, 08:04 AM   #1
BFeller

Garage
Problem Maintaining a Connection with Durametric Cable

I have a 98 Boxster, 2.5 engine, 5 speed. I am looking for some weekend help with my Durametric cable. I started a support call with them on Friday - and have an good exchange going with them - I am just hoping for some additional insight to maybe solve the problem over the weekend. Here are the rest of the details:

The Durametric Cable is new and from Pelican. The latest software from Durametric is running on a Windows 7 laptop. Confirmed that the latest firmware is installed on the cable. The laptop is configured to run with power management disabled, including any power management of the USB ports. It is running on the laptop battery - no inverter with a fully charged battery on the car. I turn of the radar detector, radio - but not the IMS Guardian. The radio is aftermarket - but is hooked up properly using a Metra plug - so I don't suspect a grounding issue. The car has an alarm that is still working properly after the radio install.

The problem is that the software, cable - maybe the car, seem to constantly lose connectivity. I can start the system fine using the steps outlined by Durametric. Once in the software and after a few minutes - the time varies but it doesn't seem like more than 10 minutes - I am no longer able to communicate with any thing through the cable. I can completely start from the beginning, with the car turned off and start the cycle all over again. The software itself is still responding to task manager.

Anyone have suggestions? Or had this problem and solved it?
BFeller is offline   Reply With Quote