View Single Post
Old 06-07-2014, 02:17 AM   #8
BRAN
WALDMEISTER

Garage
Good Job, Danch!
and welcome to the club

You should be on the save side with your (2002-2004) 996 C4 cluster.

1.) Does the convertible top lamp work?
2.) Does the battery show ~14V when the engine is running? If so, all is fine.
3.) Oil pressure: You will need to install a 996 oil pressure sender for the gauge to work. It is very well described on the pelicanparts net/book.
4.) Indeed, watch your gas gauge (last quarter) for a couple of gas fillings. Mine was working fine, although the last quarter of the gas is more or less calculated by the DME, cluster etc by using estimates and historically data of the car, as far as i know).
The last quarter "felt" a little inaccurate, as the BC was showing (imo) too high rest miles. But after a couple of refillings the BC was showing/calculating more and more accurate values (as if the DME/cluster were "learning" with each trip).
5.) I was keen enough to let the gas gauge light up the first trip (circling around gas stations ), and I was not even running completely on fumes (worries = gone).
6.) My gauge cluster was officially reprogrammed (0km to actual km) by a Porsche dealership. I kept the old cluster.
7.) Do you get a warning in your Matrix Display about a defective gauge (--> oil pressure)?

seal gray "thumbs up"

Last edited by BRAN; 06-07-2014 at 02:33 AM.
BRAN is offline   Reply With Quote