View Single Post
Old 06-05-2014, 06:04 PM   #116
JayG
On the slippery slope

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TypeA View Post
Yeah thats just it, I always give them a friendly warning first. But almost without fail you chase them off verbally and they come back eventually. Once I start to recognize the same cat, that is having to scale my fence to get in, well then clearly they havent gotten the hint and more stringent measures are called for. I dont poison, abandon, allow my dog to attack or shoot to maim but I will always get the point across with a mild BB shot to the rump (we're talking a weak gun from 50' here). If I was of the mindset of most Portlanders I wouldnt be making a point to keep my own cat indoors. Seems to me if your indoor cat gets out it getting run over by a car would be far more of a concern than what someone might do to him for crapping in their flower bed.
an animal getting run over by a car is an act of god. Sad yes, tragic, yes.

Shooting a cat is a violent deliberate act. I don't care how "weak" you think the gun is. it can still maim the animal. I don't care how great a shot you think you are, you could still hit it in the eye.

what about if you miss and hit the little kid next door in the face?

there are many other ways to scare the cat away that don't involve possibly hurting it

and don't forget a little cat poop in your precious garden won't hurt anything.

you just don't get it, do you
2014 Porsche Performance Driving School
2020 BMW X3, 2013 Ram 1500, 2016 Cmax, 2004 F-150 "Big Red"