View Single Post
Old 06-05-2014, 10:48 AM   #19
cellutron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale_K View Post
Reviving an old thread. Can anybody confirm the viability and correctness of these instruction? One of my remotes doesn't work but the led blinks when a button is pushed and I've put in a new remote battery. When I try to reactivate the inoperable remote with these directions I get a beep each time I cycle the door lock but the remote still doesn't do anything afterward.
The process of 'wakening'the receiver, after a dormant period ( the car not the remote) involves locking and unlocking the door using the blade, then attempt to use the remote to operate the lock, which then disarms the alarm. This is not 'activate/ reactivate' -ing the remote or coding or fixing the remote.
Generally, after 10 yrs or so, the buttons deteriorate and the board starts suffering from dry joints- So a good reflow by a good solderer should sort out the problem. At times you find cracked components or RF modulator, controller chip/ processor going faulty and there isn't anything you can do to repair as you can't get hold of these and even if you manage to find them, you still have to do the recoding, etc. which is outside the realm of the average man! Even the crystal is not easy to find! So you end up forking out Porsches extortionate prices for a new one! Sad but true!

Last edited by cellutron; 06-05-2014 at 10:59 AM.
cellutron is offline   Reply With Quote