View Single Post
Old 06-04-2014, 08:53 PM   #81
Pirate50

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TypeA View Post
Im sure theyre the pride of the neighborhood.

Ive had it happen to me. So yeah we disagree. A cat can easily scratch paint, especially with dirty paws.

I own a cat too, have for many years. But heres the catch: MY cat has never trespassed or dug up someones flowerbed. He has never left a coiled pile on the lawn for the next time someone mows, or chased off wildlife by hunting game. Why? Because I am an urban dweller who posses the intelligence and maturity to keep my cat indoors! It is owners (and those who support them) who are "cruel and stupid" for letting their animals roam free and violate other's rights. Want an outdoor cat? Buy yourself a plot of land where I wont catch your cat on my Porsche. Cause otherwise, if Im your neighbor, your cat violating my rights makes him free game sir. I dont have the time to trap and take him to the pound but you can consider yourself lucky I dont do so.
Wow, don't really fit the mindset of most Portlanders do you? I also try to keep the cat inside for various reasons, but if he got out and someone did something to him for crapping in their yard or climbing on their car, they would have far more to worry about than crap in their yard or dirty footprints on their car, if you get my drift.