View Single Post
Old 06-04-2014, 03:13 PM   #6
trimer
jakesbox

Yes Ian...lsd. Went back to my mechanic this morning and we both drove it. As he told me it is coming from the rear...I thought front but the vibrations etc are coming up through the torque tube to the clutch and motor shaking the front end. We did a gear oil change and he thinks that even though they use Mobil Delvac on all their Pcars with no issue that this LSD is not happy with it and the plates in the lsd are catching. He did not add an additive to it. Going back Monday and we are going to swap the tranny oil with Motul 300 LS and see how that responds. These older cars get fickle in old age and mileage... But I tell you what.. Get out of turning in first gear and have at it...this car MOVES and always a thrill to drive!
2003 996 Twin Turbo X50, PCCB, polar silver / 2004 996 Carerra Cabriolet, midnight blue, cinnamon leather, IMS Pro / 2003 Artic Silver Boxster - Short Throw Shift, IMS Upgrade, Carerra Light Wheels, De-Snorked with Evoms Cold Air Intake, GHL Exhaust (Sold) / 2002 Seal Grey Boxster - Fabspeed Exhaust, Black powder coated wheels, Porsche stripes (Sold) / 2 -1957 356 A Speedsters (signal red and seal grey) (Sold) / 1989 944 Turbo (m030 S options)
trimer is offline   Reply With Quote