View Single Post
Old 06-03-2014, 07:18 PM   #45
BrokenLinkage

Ok I don' t care to dive into the emotional end of this thread, but just consider
the effect of a cat "kneading " its claws into your top (leaving nicely invisible holes in the liner, covered by an intact and unharmed canvas). Now consider that cat making a trial rake of its claws across the surface as it tests the canvas for suitability as a scratching surface (leaving very visible and permanent damage to the canvas fibers).

And as a matter of fact, I lost my 1st cover to a cat, which judging by the muddy paw marks leapt onto the trunk and then to the unsupported cover placed over the open cockpit to keep it free of tree sap. The collapse of the cover must have startled the animal into engaging its all-wheel positraction top-shredding drive, for the middle of the cover was flayed beyond salvation. I hated it, mainly b/c it was the oem version 1 cover, which is no longer made but was lighter and fit better and stored more compactly.

But for the record, I make every effort to keep my kids and pets off of the neighbors' property, less they cause offence or damage, or are suspect of causing such. I expect the same courtesy from my neighbors.