View Single Post
Old 06-03-2014, 01:44 PM   #20
JayG
On the slippery slope

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TypeA View Post
I have had cats with dirty paws scratch my paint (either with the dirt or with their claws) in their scramble to remove themselves from my vehicle. So, yes, yes indeed they can damage your car. To say nothing of the nuisance...youve obviously never had fur and dirty cat prints from one end of your clean car to another. If you had, you would know that these dirt trails do not just simply rinse off, they must be washed off.
First of all, I have dogs and cats

The is no way in hell a cats claws will scratch the paint on your car, they simply are not hard enough
And yes, I have had one of my cats climb on my car after I have washed it. No big deal. Bird poop is far worse. Just use a quick spurt of detailer and any paw prints are gone.
In fact, the prints you leave from touching or leaning on the car are far worse. You leave oils and other things from your skin that are in fact corrosive to the paint

Shooting a cat is just plain cruel and stupid. You don't deserve to own a Porsche.
How about I shoot your dumb ass with BB gun or zap you with an ignition coils and see how you like it .
2014 Porsche Performance Driving School
2020 BMW X3, 2013 Ram 1500, 2016 Cmax, 2004 F-150 "Big Red"

Last edited by JayG; 06-03-2014 at 01:59 PM.