View Single Post
Old 06-02-2014, 12:54 PM   #12
BYprodriver

Garage
[QUOTE=Porsche Chick;403138]WOW! That's cool So I ended up with the car that everyone drooled over in the dealership. And then they all test drove.

But that's okay, I feel kind of obligated to keep it now. The original price was $56 K, if anyone wants to know.

Prodriver: How would I know if it has a low VIN? Which digits are those?

Ian : Yes, that's it. Same finishes, options, etc. I'm glad I looked up the number because apparently I also have a heated steering wheel. Not sure what I'll ever do with that. I'm assuming it comes on when the heated seats are on, because I've never seen a button for it.

Generaly speaking, 3 digits or less is early in the production cycle. I wonder what month your car was made?
Non-Porsche heated steering wheels buttons I have used in 3 other brands have all been located @ 7:00 behind the rim, hard to find but easy to accidently activate.

Usually the 1st vehicles produced with a VIN # are used for testing or photography for sales brochures. The major automotive magazines have a 3 month publication lead time. These "Launch" vehicles are built to highlight new colors & features. Top auto press journalists are invited to a central location to be wined & dined & go on extended test drives in the Launch vehicles. After this "long lead" Launch generally the cars will be divided up & sent to regional press fleet management companys. About a month before the vehicle is available for sale a "short lead" launch takes place for newspaper & online journalists etc. During all this time PCNA sales is pushing other "Launch" special vehicles to thier dealers hoping they will order them & display in the showrooms.
Once all the press fleet vehicles have been loaned to all relevant journalists for evaluation they are sold to a local dealer where they are sold as "executive company cars".

Last edited by BYprodriver; 06-02-2014 at 03:04 PM.
BYprodriver is offline   Reply With Quote