View Single Post
Old 06-01-2014, 11:02 AM   #1
Ashmyster79

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Ashmyster79
Engine mount replacement

So today I decided I was going to replace the engine mount. I have had it in a box for a while and as the sun was out why not.

I have read posts, and purchased 101 projects again with similar information. A simple project two spanners what could go wrong

Well jacked the car up as high as possible axle stands at the read. Engine supported with a trolley jack to take the slack as directed in the book. Under panels off.

4 main bolts removed no problem. However the last two that need to be loosened but not removed are a pig to get too. Quarter turn after quarter turn. We got there.

But. When trying to removed the bolts holding the mount to the engine body it was not possible to remove them. There are rubber tubes I think for the cooling system. In the project book there is no mention of these. Also when trying to remove completely the lower bolts the left hand side bolt is restricted by the body. I was under the car for an hour and half wiggling, bolting up unbolting but no joy. In the end we put it back together with the old mount.

Anyone else encountered this issue?

A simple job but was impossible to complete today. Do I need to remove the coolant hoses and drain the system to get the engine mount off. Seems a bit drastic to do a simple job but in turn will need to do a far harder job. Frustrated.
Ashmyster79 is offline   Reply With Quote