View Single Post
Old 05-30-2014, 06:24 PM   #3
Waynesworld

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by OKCShooter View Post
Just found out that we are pregnant with my FOURTH child so won't be using this car anytime soon, so might as well sell it. It sits in my extra garage 99% of the time already with only 3 kids, so It'll never get used now!

Anyway, thinking I'll post it on eBay but was curious on the best way to price it.

I can:

1) Stick a reserve on it and start at $0

2) Start the bidding at my reserve and see where it goes

3) Put a fixed price on it and then accept offers.

As a buyer, what is most appealing?

The car is a sub 80K mile car. 2002 2.7 w/5 speed.

Has a few extras: Avic DVD in dash (looks factory) and stainless aftermarket catback exhaust (Sounds awesome). 3M clear bra on front 1/3 of car. Great wheels and newer tires.

Exterior is Mint and Interior is Mint

Thoughts on what method to use and what is the fair selling price in today's market?

I have sold many trucks and cars on EBay...

Regarding your options:

1.) Reserve and starting at 0. I like this as it builds excitement. People think they might get a great deal. This excitement fades as the reserve is typically so high and people loose interest.

2.) Start price at reserve: Not a good way to go. People never bid on these. You will be better off with another option.

3.) Fixed price/offers: Not a bad option

I have found many people are unrealistic in their pricing. If you truly want to move it, put it on ebay in the auction format, start at .01. Put the lowest possible reserve you can stand. Think of the ease of selling... you are moving the car with minimal effort. That's why I sell like this only I never put a reserve.

At the end of the day, I find I'm getting market value. Its usually lower than what I was hoping for but then I remember its gone, I have my cash and I didn't have to deal with tire kickers, lots of phone calls, etc.

Side note: After I list it, I do cross marketing. I put a link, discretely on my local Craigslist to get local people interested. Say "This will sell, very low reserve... baby on the way!!"

Hope this helps!!
Waynesworld is offline   Reply With Quote