View Single Post
Old 03-13-2006, 07:53 PM   #17
Perfectlap

I thought about putting in the silver seatback on my stock red passenger seat and leaving in the GT3 seat for the driver. It would have looked kind of funny but kind of cool at the same time (my passengers HATE getting out of the GT3 seat, especially the girls and old people).

the great thing about the GT3 seats is that they use the same mounting points as the stock seats, can be done in only 20 minutes total with a socket wrench Probably less time the more you do it..so initially I was thinking about putting the stock seats back in for winter but I liked the driving position so much that I left them in all year! Which reminds me I have to put some Leatherique prestine clean on the stock seats which have been sitting in storage since last may. GT3 seats are not easy for a daily driver.

But threpwood's painted seat backs are soooo nice too bad they don't make a lighter stock seat with them. The 50th anniversary 911 came with them and really looks fantastic. They look great in CaymanS too.

speaking of ALcantara,
here's the new 997 interior in Alcantara
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 03-13-2006 at 08:13 PM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote