View Single Post
Old 05-30-2014, 07:39 AM   #3
truegearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Radium King View Post
cool. what engine insulation did you remove - the stuff inside the engine bay, the stuff in the soft top well around the outside of the engine bay, or the stuff backing the carpets that go around the engine bay?

if you decide to delete the a/c (lots of weight there - high up and over the engine where you don't want it + better cooling with the a/c condensers out of the way) see if you can find a gt3 heater matrix - the heater designed without an a/c coil in it. it comes with manual controls (three dials) and is lighter than the one in your car. very rare in the us, but in Europe it was a stock part on all boxsters that came without a/c (a/c was an option there, standard equip here). would go well with your door straps.

also, look at the brey-krause r-9044 - it's a bracket that mounts your seats direct to the floor - no sliders. loose weight, lower your centre of gravity. comes with sub strap bars for your harness.

I removed the insulation on the outside of the engine compartment (the thick foam like stuff). I also removed it from the engine carpet covers. Is the insulation around the engine worth removing, this is a new one.

I’m going to hang on to the AC for now, I rarely use it but when I do I’m glad I have it! I would though love to convert the car to dials, I hate hitting the temp or fan button a dozen times to get it to move from low to hi. I wonder if I can run the dials and have AC.

The fixed seat mounts is a great idea, I wonder how much the stock mounts weigh.
truegearhead is offline   Reply With Quote