View Single Post
Old 05-30-2014, 04:41 AM   #13
BIGJake111

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by recycledsixtie View Post
I am not one for replacing parts unnecessarily but I am thinking of replacing the water pump in my 2001 Boxster base. The car has only 45k miles and the water pump has not been replaced according to the receipts for work done and therefore the pump is 13 years old. I have the IMS Guardian installed.

The idler arm was replaced 6 months ago and the water pump, alternator etc was checked for tension. Nothing was found to be amiss except the idler arm was worn.

Questions? For those of you in the know, is this what you would do? Is this the obvious thing to replace to be proactive? The clutch is good so I am happy to leave the ims bearing as is for now.

Second question. Am I correct in saying that the normal regular temp thermostat is the correct replacement as we have cooler temps year round. It does not get above 80F very often in the summer.

How many hours would it take an indy shop to replace a water pump/thermostat?
Thanks in advance , Guy
My pump didn't go out till 102k miles on the last car and took the aos with it on the last seller, what I am noticing with boxsters on the market is that most go out or are done preventively from 65 to 85k.
BIGJake111 is offline   Reply With Quote