View Single Post
Old 05-29-2014, 10:07 AM   #5
Heiko

Garage
the overflow hose comes out by the right rear tire... It's most likely the cap or the pressure relief cap that is leaking and blowing by. If you remove your oil and rad cap (slowly after the car is cooled down) take out the insert cover (you have to remove both caps to get that out) - all fluids that leak into that basin drain out at the right rear wheel... might be a place to start.
H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slate 01 View Post
2001 Boxster no signs of leaks or any other problems with water pump. Pulled into the driveway and suddenly a stream of coolant came out just to the inside of the right rear tire. Had to leave on a business trip and didn't have time to check it out. That said, since I'm sitting in a hotel room on the road, thought I'd write and ask y'all for advice.

I'd say that just under a gallon of coolant came out in a constant stream, like it was running out of a hose, not like it was leaking out from a burst hose or leaking out of a failed or failing waterpump. Then is quite suddenly quit running out all together. Other than a hose coming undone, any ideas what I should be looking for or at?

Thanks for your help. I plan on getting into this thing on Friday and hopefully enjoying the car this weekend.
Heiko is offline   Reply With Quote