View Single Post
Old 05-29-2014, 04:24 AM   #17
mountainman

Garage
I appreciate the words of encouragement. It is an awesome event and a chance of a lifetime for those of us who are lucky enough to participate. The guys who plan this rally are great people. Imagine the daunting task of planning a 2K mile rally and coordinating restaurants, checkpoints, hotels, etc and finding sponsorship and logistics for 80 cars. My wife and I plan day trips for lots of car clubs here in the mountains and we know how much work goes into it. And these guys do it for charity. Last years charity was camp sunshine, a camp for terminally ill children. If you can't get a good feeling from helping support them you surely will when you give one of the kids a little ride in your Porsche around the camp. This is truly a win-win situation for everyone connected with it and the organizers are to be commended for the hugh effort they put forth to pull it off. The reception the rally gets from all the little towns along the route is just awesome. It makes you feel like you are part of something very nice, and all you are doing is having the time of your life. If you are a car guy or girl this event needs to be on your bucket list. It ain't the mille miglia, but for most of us it is as close as we will get.
mountainman is offline   Reply With Quote