View Single Post
Old 05-28-2014, 12:16 PM   #14
Timco
I am my own mechanic....

If I may.....

I have never wasted as much time, money, and mental energy on anything other than trying to re-fix some hastily made decision on this car.

Time and time again I have asked for advise, gotten a general consensus, found something different on the shelf that I can get today without having to order and wait, and without doing any research as to why this is not the best option, spent cash to do this now.

When it comes to parts, OEM or name brand only, ever, period. There is a reason those rotors are $95 each cheaper than OEM. There is a reason the Porsche water pump is more. (I went name brand on that) In the parts world, name brand or OEM gets you more for that extra cash and when working with a high performance car, you need that quality the extra cash gets you.

Then there's tools. There is a reason guys recommend a $60 brake bleeder over the $180 that doesn't fit your needs but is on the shelf. Read the Bently manual AND the Pelican 101 book. Each is worth it's weight in gold. Takes these folk's advise!!!

Slow down. Don't rush anything. Don't scratch your newly painted rims (you fool!!!) or skip using a torque wrench on everything. Adjust the rear E brake pads right before reassembly. Do it all one time.
Timco is offline   Reply With Quote