View Single Post
Old 05-27-2014, 08:49 PM   #4
TypeA
Rookie

Garage
Thanks for the info thus far. Heres a couple of specifics to my situation, followed by a few questions.

Picked this up with no maintenance history besides a clean Car Fax, runs very well and its got a brand new clutch. 99k miles so Im assuming a full tune up is in order. Thanks for the step by step instructions btw, will make DIY much easier Im sure. A couple of questions...

How can I tell if the previous owner put synthetic motor oil or Dino oil? I read the entire guide on oil changing and the advice for the scenarios but, unless maybe I missed it, Im not seeing what to fill with if you dont KNOW what type oil is in it now. I had read that this car tells on itself if things fail (or is beginning to fail), like lights on the dash and such, is that true and is it standard equipment on even the most basic model? I have no fault lights of any kind on my dash now.

The "B" in the Boxster logo on the trunk is partially broken and Im a Type A personality really bad so that whole logo must be replaced. Do I just peel off this old logo with my fingers? Should I use anything to loosen the existing adhesive? What do I use to clean the old adhesive off the paint and what adhesive do I use to attach the new one?

Also what auto wax does everyone use? Do you wax your boxster by hand or by machine? Concerned about swirls and wasnt sure if I should stick to hand waxing it myself.

Thanks again.

Last edited by TypeA; 05-27-2014 at 09:42 PM.
TypeA is offline   Reply With Quote