View Single Post
Old 05-25-2014, 07:42 AM   #2
JFP in PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
ok, this is the story... :ah:

After finally finding the time to re-install the gearbox with the new clutch and flywheel, the very first time I pushed the clutch pedal to get the engine running the pedal went to the floor and the engine started.

I didn't put too much attention until I noticed that I had a major leak (more like pouring) fluid from the bottom of the bellhousing..

What could have failed on the slave? It is possible that the plunger was not properly seated and when I pushed the clutch got out of the way, allowing the piston inside the slave body to slide out of the cylinder itself causing the major leak?

What are the probabilities that the new clutch got damaged with all that hydraulic fluid pouring out with the engine running?

I have the feeling that I will have to remove the transmission mounts to be able to lower it a bit to remove the slave, how hard would this be..?

Thank you for your comments

Regards, Gilles
Release any hydrualic pressure on the slave and it will come out with the trans still in place.