View Single Post
Old 05-21-2014, 04:42 PM   #9
Nine8Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave S. View Post
I live in Colorado where they spread tiny rocks on the road to melt the snow and ice and you get to replace your windshield annually on most cars because of all the stone chips. Cars without clear bras get sandblasted on their entire leading edges and also tend to crack headlight/fog light lenses.

I always have a professional install 3M clear bra on all my cars. On my Boxster I covered the entrie front bumper, headlights and fog light lenses, front 18 inches of hood that also wraps around the front edges of the fenders, a small area behind the wheel wells, the rim of the wheel wells, the side mirrors and the entire windshield frame. You can't even tell it's on there and it does an awesome job of protecting the paint.

If you have conditions similar to what we have out here, it is a no-brainer to protect your car's finish and lenses.
^ It could be worst, they use heavy salts in Canada. Makes any good Porsche car melt almost as quick as ice :/

Had a go at the 3M film a few months back onto a friend car (not a Porsche). Horrible..... no luck with that stuff.

Guessing you need to be a real pro to install those thing and I'm never going to try that again. Bubbles the size of an eye ball, thick stuff.... and looked 'wavy' in the shadows, etc etc