View Single Post
Old 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM   #17
The Radium King

I had my car on jack stands for a winter while I did a million and one things to it. after about three months the front 'shoulders' had sagged noticeably - gaps between front trunk and fenders changed considerably. this tells me that the frame will distort regardless of german, finnish or remington steel. some people say they notice a difference with a front brace, others do not. the only variables I can see are (a) the person reporting (b) age of vehicle, and (c) suspension and tire mods. so, ymmv. regarding the rear strut tower brace, not a lot of folks report improved handling, but several report reduced rattles, squeaks, etc.

the pedro brace is a different beast as it is designed to work in reverse of a strut tower brace - it is designed to strengthen the rear subframe for compression (ie, the pressed metal pan will try to compress/bend under high cornering load). as per the front brace there are different opinions out there regarding the efficacy of the thing. you could argue that you will see more play in the bushings, etc., in your suspension components than you will ever see in your strut towers and rear subframe.

Last edited by The Radium King; 05-21-2014 at 01:18 PM.
The Radium King is offline   Reply With Quote