View Single Post
Old 05-20-2014, 03:44 PM   #7
BIGJake111

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaisedOnPorsches View Post
When in doubt go with the "S". That said test drive both a 986 S and a 987 S. People tend to have rather strong feelings about which generation they prefer (due to size, performance, interior design, etc).

I personally like the looks for the 986 more. While the 987 has more ummph, it wouldn't be enough to have me dish out more money above a 986 S. The only 987 Boxster that makes me weak in the knees is the Spyder, but those aren't at their second round of depreciation yet.

Happy hunting.
I wonder if the spyder will depreciate, I saw one for more than a new base, and the car had 20k miles on it.

But I agree with the others on at least looking at a 986, as they said, the ims is an easy fix with a budget that large. Not only is it cheaper up front but I wouldn't expect much depreciation on the 986 over a few thousand from now to 5 years down the road. Which you could possibly even afford a 911 engine swap on a 986 if you really want power. Many would argue this is the perfect boxster combo with its light weight and purpose built interior.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
BIGJake111 is offline   Reply With Quote