Thread: 1st DE event!
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2014, 05:55 PM   #7
husker boxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTele58 View Post
Very smooth driving in your CS. The yellow car had you at speed, but you took it back in the corners.

I plan to be at MotorSport Park at Hastings in July, since it's as close to Oklahoma as I can find. Will you be there?

I'm assuming you have a timer to the right of your rear view mirror? What brand/model?
Thanks. That was his wife's 2014 Cayman S and that was the first time he'd driven it on the track. He was being careful about brake points so I was able to catch him. I also gave him room rather than hound him since that was a new car for him. Didn't want to add to the pressure by tailing him too close (he's very experienced but not in that car). He switched from Sport to Sport + half way thru the run and then he left me for dead on the straight after he did. He said the shift pt on Sport + is 9K rpm. I can't compete with that. Amazing how much technolgy has advanced in 6 yrs.

Chances are I won't be at MPH in July. Going to Parade will take a mighty big bite out of my funds so I might be eating a lot of noodles in July. I haven't run at MPH yet but the guys in the club like it and say it's a well run facility.

This last DE was the debut of my Traqmate. I found it in the classifieds on P-9. It's the middle model, so you have the display but it's not hooked into the Go-Pro or engine electronics. I haven't figured out how to download the data to my laptop - the instructions don't seem to work. That's on my To Do list this week.

Sounds like you have lots of fun lined up for this summer. You must have taken a big hit on that track pipe San Rensho mentioned.
2008 Boxster S Limited Edition #005
2008 Cayman S Sport - Signal Green
1989 928 S4 5 spd - black
1987 928 S4 - Granite Green Metallic (Felsengrun)
husker boxster is offline   Reply With Quote