View Single Post
Old 05-16-2014, 11:12 AM   #14
Muzzle of Bees

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipE350 View Post
I attended the unveiling of the Macan tonight at an upscale restaurant. They had three on display. Two Macan 'S', and one Turbo. They had 19, 20, and 21 inch wheels. I was pleasantly surprised that the 21's looked great! I did not expect that.

I drove in a caravan, me in the middle, sales manager in front in the Turbo, and one of his sales guys bringing up the rear. Porsche has done an amazing job on this 'Sports Car' SUV. The brakes and PDK transmission are the best I have felt yet. Just perfect. The driving was aggressive so I had to be sure of myself, and since it felt like a Porsche the adjustment period was seconds. It feels like a tank, by that I mean solid. It has great low end torque and surges ahead effortlessly. I was very impressed with how quiet it was. Little body lean and very nimble. Turn ins were a little late but it is an SUV so that is expected. Ride is firm but mainly in the back seats where you sit very close to the wheels. This one didn't have PASM so it will be interesting to drive one that does. Folks 6 feet tall will have tight head room in the back.

If you get a chance to test drive one....DO!
I just received an email about the Macan unveiling at our local dealership here in Austin next Thursday evening, I live only a few miles from the dealership. I may have an opportunity.