View Single Post
Old 05-16-2014, 10:44 AM   #12
WhipE350
Autobahn Glanz

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencerb View Post
This post made me register.

Ok, I get the Cayenne. I get why Porsche built it and sell it. I know the market they were wanting to hit, it makes sense. Porsche has always been very logical (German trait? :P ) in their products.

What I can't seem to figure out is who they build the Macan for? What's its purpose?
For me it would work great as a daily driver and heck some mountain twisty runs too. The Cayenne simply is more vehicle than I would want to be in. The Macan appeals to me. Not too big, not to small. Easy access, nimble, sure footed, and really comfy.

I understand the complaints/frustration with Porsche's direction. With these non-sport car vehicles some might think they are a sell out to the masses but they still never build anything but very sport minded vehicles. I've driven the BMWs in the same class and they really don't compare to the Macan.

I think they stand by their principles to make the best handling vehicles in the world. I've owned an E350 and it simply wasn't as sporty as the Panamara.

Set aside concerns with their direction and test drive one. You’ll probably like and appreciate it.

Don’t get me wrong, I do understand the frustrations with PDK taking over, 911s getting bigger, electric steering and likely all the move to SUVs and big sedans is pushing this.
WhipE350 is offline   Reply With Quote