View Single Post
Old 05-15-2014, 07:27 AM   #13
healthservices
Registered Boxster abuser

I am just trying to save people some time, money, and headaches thru my past mistakes. The bolt and washer method is available for purchase at a hardware store for less than a dollar if you do not have the spare nuts and bolts at home. There is no need to source a dremel either.

Yes, I too originally bought a transom plug to remove the tube. I also cut a socket to help expand the tool. As a matter of fact I actually had to make several trips to buy more as I had a tube that would not budge and the tool kept failing. The transom tool was tightened to the point the threads in the bolt that expanded the plug stripped. I even bought out and destroyed all the transom plugs the local store had. I then made my own version of a transom plug using a threaded bolt, washers, and the rubber from a transom plug. This still did not remove my glued in tubes. If you do a search there are people with issues with the transom tool. I’m sure 80% of the time the transom tool will work. So far the bolt and nut method has worked 100% of the time and less work for me. I’m sure if you really have a tool fetish you could buy something like this for $125…

Illusions Tool

To me the problem with a mechanical tool like that is, it can actually force the tube to expand making it even harder to remove from the hole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadrach74 View Post
I Did not mean to provoke all of the ... I'll be less harsh next time.

Last edited by healthservices; 05-15-2014 at 01:22 PM.
healthservices is offline   Reply With Quote