View Single Post
Old 05-15-2014, 05:14 AM   #12
shadrach74

I actually did not happen to have a bolt, nut and washers of those approximate dimensions just lying around, perhaps most do... but then I don't have a lift at the moment either, so I'm working on my back with limited space. I'm sure that you've done this more times than me so perhaps a more experienced person prefers the pry-bar method.

All of my tubes were original; the 2 that were leaking were the easiest to remove. The other 4 felt "stuck". When I used the transom plug method, the tube's seal was broken free via rotation, there was never a need to pull or pry in any way. I also like the fact that one is not concentrating all of force on one part of the tube, but they certainly seem robust enough to handle it.

I had no idea this was a Pedro endorsed method (not sure why that would cause snark). I saw transom plug here, and then modded a socket because it was the fastest way to actuate it.

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to make the video! Looks pretty easy to do. Did not mean to provoke all of the ... I'll be less harsh next time.
shadrach74 is offline   Reply With Quote