View Single Post
Old 05-15-2014, 04:04 AM   #134
Timco
I am my own mechanic....

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayG View Post
Tell them the $5k is for the wheels, tires and top. What about the rest of the car?.

They are low balling you, probably based on wholesale blue book. They need to give you full replacement cost and on top of that you should get compensated for loss of use as well as the hassle you have gone through. Generally they should give you a grand or two over replacement cost. Remember replacement cost is what another Boxster comparable to what you lost costs, not book value.

If you had been at fault, the ins company might have to only give you book value, but since. You were not at fault, it is different.

Also be sure you don't sign anything absolving the other party of liability until you are made completely whole. You can always take the other party to small claims for the amount over what the ins company finally gives you to replace your boxster with a comparable one
Full replacement compensation is a special type of policy. Otherwise it's BB value and comps. He is definitely being low balled and it's disgusting.

You are owed BB plus any other losses or comp value (comp value includes performance mods) or dime for dime what the exact repair costs. If they don't want to pay top BB value due to new top and such, and they are not even asking what the ACTUAL repair estimate is, attorney time. Ask them where in the hell they came up with half of the total value as the repair cost!! I've never seen a body shop say gee, let's just say half of the car's cost. There's going to be a real number associated with fenders, door, paint, rim, BB value loss for a collision being listed on Carfax and more. Ask them what, is this a game show ?? Am I speaking to Monty Hall????

Last edited by Timco; 05-15-2014 at 04:07 AM.
Timco is offline   Reply With Quote